Spread the word ! WOOF ! ShastaDog !
What happens when major dog lovers and awesome Copper’s Dream fosters go to Kauai to celebrate their anniversary? They spend some time volunteering at the Kauai Humane Society and take a special scruffy out on a field trip! This special scruffy (a 3-year old medium sized terrier/Airedale mix), who’ve they named Lucky, is about to get a whole lot luckier. He’s hitching a ride back to the mainland today to become a Copper’s Dream pup, fostered by none other than his field trip buddies. While we focus our rescue efforts in California, a life saved is a life saved. Besides, who can resist a little Aloha spirit?
Lucky is a young medium sized terrier/Airedale mix Copper’s Dream rescued from the Kauai Humane Society. He was listed at 3 years old, but based on his teeth and youngster awkwardness, we think he’s closer to 1-year old.Some of our dedicated fosters were on the island for a vacation, took Lucky out on a field trip, and knew he could find a home more quickly back in the Bay Area (not much of an adoption pool on a tiny island in the Pacific!).
- Super friendly, happy boy who gets along with all of the people he has met.
- Has done well meeting children.
- Appears to be fully house trained.
- Enjoys going for walks. Picking up leash skills quickly.
- Loves going to the dog park. Gets along well with all dogs both big and small.
- Energetic but not hyper. Would enjoy an active household.
- Loves going to the beach, frolicking in waves, and happily rolling in sand.